Kaua'i

Kaua'i
My favorite birthday place!

Monday, April 14, 2008

more birthdays

What a year this has been. We've traveled from coast to coast to celebrate the 60s...One friend in Maryland and the other in Seattle who have both turned 60 and down to Louisiana for a brother's 60th. Our latest birthday celebration was for a mother (70) and daughter (40) in Houston. We are fortunate to have friends and family to celebrate time moving forward.

Age has changed it seems. My twenty something nieces and nephews seem more like teens and my sixty year old friends seem more like forty year olds. Perhaps this is the way my grandparents felt as they aged. My grandmother used to say that when she looked in the mirror she wondered who that old lady was as she didn't feel the way she looked. But even looks seem to be changing. I can no longer tell age as easily as I could in the past.

1 comment:

About Nancy said...

How true this is. Age has somehow changed through the years. Great observation. Thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
Nancy